Letter of introduction - Technical Communications assignment

 

From,

 

Astor Tran

Undergraduate

Tetra Fire Engineering Pte. Ltd.

10 Ubi Crescent

Ubi Techpark, Lobby A

#05-04

Singapore 408564

 

19 September 2020

 

To,

 

Ms. Mei

10 Dover Drive

Singapore 138683

 

Subject: Introduction letter of myself

 

Dear Ms. Mei,

 

I am writing to you regarding an introduction of myself.

I started my education journey in Singapore at ITE, Institute of Technology Education in Tampines. It was an inspiring place with lecturers who also graduated from ITE and became an educator. During that time, I was awarded two Lee Kuan yew Awards for my final year project and being a model student. It really boosted my self confidence for the years ahead. After graduation I joined the work force. While working, I took driving lessons in the morning before work, and studied for my diploma at the Singapore Polytechnic in the evenings. After getting my diploma, I started my own family. Years later, I finally found the opportunity to further my studies at the Singapore Institute of Technology.

My work involved projects for fire detection systems and equipment which were supplied to major shipbuilders in Singapore and the ASEAN region. My interest stem from designing system drawings and circuits, as well as maintaining the systems on the vessels we have supplied in the past. It gave me great satisfaction to be involved in projects that went on to gain reputation worldwide. For instance, Keppel Singmarine built two icebreaker supply vessels for LUKOIL of Russia. The first of its kind built in the tropics of Asia. And my company supplied several firefighting systems for these vessels, which must remain operational under harsh conditions of minus 45 degrees Celsius.

One of my communication strengths lies in my versatility. I am comfortable striking up casual conversation with people from different race and cultural backgrounds. Perhaps this is the result of working in other countries where communication is vital for survival when English is not the main language. My weakness is in public speaking. Whenever this situation occurs, I start sweating from my head to my palms. I guess only through enough practice and counselling, I can overcome it.

To survive through my university education, I figured that:

1. I must be able to communicate and collaborate with my peers who are half my age. The generation gap is real.

2. I must have effective communication with my lecturers so that their knowledge can be utilized most effectively in my work during my education.

I look forward to attending to your lectures in this trimester.

 

Astor Tran

 

Comments

HappyTabby said…
Dear Astor, you have written some interesting things about yourself and your achievements. However, you do need to work on paragraph organisation. In paragraph 2, your description of ITE seems less relevant to the subject of introducing yourself. Try to stay focused. Also, you need to write the full name of the award or say what type of award it is and capitalize the names in the award. For the description after you joined the workforce, you need to state the main idea of that group of sentences. What are you intending to say about this time when so much happened to you and you were so busy? Are you trying to say that you have perseverance and commitment to work and family life? You need to have topic sentences in your paragraphs and develop the subpoints accordingly. Do avoid using point form for listing ideas. Try to incorporate them into a paragraph to keep the flow of the writing.

Popular Posts